Industrias Ponsa was one of the first manufacturers to produce tapes with technical fibers, thus having a long experience in the manufacture of Nomex® and Kermel® tapes.
The main characteristics of these technical fibers.
- Excellent heat resistance
- It weighs less than Para-Aramids.
- Good resistance to weak alkalis but not strong ones.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Thermostability, the fiber does not melt or burn when subjected to high temperatures.
- Flammability is anti-fire with permanent and unalterable character.
- The fibers provide a very good thermal insulation.
Nomex ® and Kermel®
Due to its high resistance to heat and abrasion, it is ideal for industrial sectors where these factors influence the use of the tape.