Industrias Ponsa was one of the first manufacturers to produce nomex webbings as well as others technical fibres, having already a large experience in the prodcution of these types of webbing.
It is a meta-aramida fibre whose main caracteristic is a great degree of resistant to heat than the para-aramidas, but on the other hand, has a considerable reduced strength.
Nomex do not burn like cotton fabric does and do not melt or drip as a polyester fabric.
- Excellent resistance to heat It weighs less than para-aramidas.
- High Temperature protection sleeve.
- Insufficient resistance to acids.
- Good resistance to mild alkalis but not to the sharp ones.
- Good resistance to abrasion.
- Bad resistance outdoors.
Work clothing for sectors as specific as: electricians, petrochemical workers, racecar drivers and its technical team, military personnel, aerospace, firefighters, ...